Ir al contenido principal.
Enlaces relacionados:  Press Room  Company  Clients  Contact us
Solsoft

Forum

[php-gni] From IIF to CDS/ISIS


Author Message
Written on: 20. 08. 2005 [20:00]
fgomez@uns.edu.ar
Fernando Gomez
Topic creator
registered since: 31.12.1969
Posts: 0
Hola

If you want to import MARC records into a CDS/ISIS database, Malete is
your friend:


#!/bin/bash
malete iifimp "-F$1" tmpdb
malete cdsexp tmpdb


But... The leader is lost. And we don't want to lose it. It would be
convenient to store those 8 bytes in some field, maybe with a tag > 999
to avoid potential conflicts. Klaus (o anyone else), please include this
in the malete wishlist icon_smile.gif

And this might be important, or not: the database generated with cdsexp
is in the "MS-DOS" format, and when I try to read the (empty!) inverted
file using mx, this error message appears:

D:\malete\pruebas>mx dict=tmpdb
fatal: noderead/ock

BTW, I still haven't modified malete so that it exports in "UNIX"
format, would someone help me with that?

Thanks!



--
Fernando


----------------------------------------
Fernando J Gómez
----------------------------------------
Biblioteca Dr. Antonio Monteiro
Instituto de Matemática de Bahía Blanca
Universidad Nacional del Sur / Conicet
Av. Alem 1253
B8000CPB Bahía Blanca - Argentina
Tel. (54 291) 459 5116
----------------------------------------

------------------------------------------
Posted to Phorum via PhorumMail
Written on: 21. 08. 2005 [05:08]
paul@malete.org
Klaus Ripke
registered since: 31.12.1969
Posts: 0
moin

On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 09:00:23PM -0300, Fernando Gomez wrote:
> If you want to import MARC records into a CDS/ISIS database, Malete is
> your friend:
>
>
> #!/bin/bash
> malete iifimp "-F$1" tmpdb
> malete cdsexp tmpdb
>
>
> But... The leader is lost.
only in the 2nd step.
Malete records, like MARC records, do have a "header"
separate from the data.
IIF import uses uses 8 bytes from the leader as header:
5 bytes at offset 5 (status, type, 3 bytes id0)
3 bytes at offset 17 (id1)
Other leader fields contain only technical data like
length, number of fields and such.

> And we don't want to lose it. It would be
> convenient to store those 8 bytes in some field, maybe with a tag > 999
> to avoid potential conflicts.
It is possible to use malete or some textfile scripting
to put the malete record's header into another field.
However, clearly, such an option would be nice.
Probably defaulting to tag 3000 used by IsisMARC.
> Klaus (o anyone else), please include this in the malete wishlist icon_smile.gif
done

> And this might be important, or not: the database generated with cdsexp
> is in the "MS-DOS" format, and when I try to read the (empty!) inverted
> file using mx, this error message appears:
>
> D:\malete\pruebas>mx dict=tmpdb
> fatal: noderead/ock
So this mx is supposed to grok DOS format?
Hmm.
Could the problem be related to tmpdb being very small?
I once observed that WinIsis doesn't like exports of just
a few records -- some undocumented special case in their format.
Grrrr ...

> BTW, I still haven't modified malete so that it exports in "UNIX"
> format, would someone help me with that?
that's simple:
make clean
make CDSUNIX=1
# now bin/malete should use the unix format
# store it somewhere as malete-unix or so

make clean
make
# now bin/malete is the dos version again



saludos

------------------------------------------
Posted to Phorum via PhorumMail
Written on: 21. 08. 2005 [09:34]
fgomez@criba.edu.ar
=?Windows-1252?Q?Fernando_J._G=F3mez?
registered since: 31.12.1969
Posts: 0
Klaus Ripke wrote:

>>But... The leader is lost.
>
> only in the 2nd step.

Of course, that's what I meant icon_smile.gif

> It is possible to use malete or some textfile scripting
> to put the malete record's header into another field.

Yes, it seems one could do that adding a third step, e.g. using sed to
map lines beginning with W*TAB* to some field. I'll test it later.

> So this mx is supposed to grok DOS format?

mx --like the other cisis utilities-- is available both in DOS and Linux
versions, each one being able to grok its own format. I made the tests
on DOS.

> Could the problem be related to tmpdb being very small?
> I once observed that WinIsis doesn't like exports of just
> a few records -- some undocumented special case in their format.

Mmm... "mx dict=foo" reads the inverted file called foo, independently
of foo.mst & foo.xrf. Of course, in this case the tmpdb inverted file is
really small (empty, actually).

> that's simple:
> make clean
> make CDSUNIX=1

Gracias Klaus por las respuestas

Saludos.


--
Fernando


----------------------------------------
Fernando J Gómez
----------------------------------------
Biblioteca Dr. Antonio Monteiro
Instituto de Matemática de Bahía Blanca
Universidad Nacional del Sur / Conicet
Av. Alem 1253
B8000CPB Bahía Blanca - Argentina
Tel. (54 291) 459 5116
----------------------------------------

------------------------------------------
Posted to Phorum via PhorumMail
Written on: 21. 08. 2005 [15:08]
paul@malete.org
Klaus Ripke
registered since: 31.12.1969
Posts: 0
On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 10:34:00AM -0300, Fernando Gomez wrote:
> Yes, it seems one could do that adding a third step, e.g. using sed to
> map lines beginning with W*TAB* to some field. I'll test it later.
kokoko, going to add that option

> >Could the problem be related to tmpdb being very small?
> >I once observed that WinIsis doesn't like exports of just
> >a few records -- some undocumented special case in their format.
>
> Mmm... "mx dict=foo" reads the inverted file called foo, independently
> of foo.mst & foo.xrf. Of course, in this case the tmpdb inverted file is
> really small (empty, actually).
prolly too small
maybe you could send me an empty index created by DOS mx,
so I could check how it looks like?

> Gracias Klaus por las respuestas
de nada


hope we can meet again in argentina once my little
son is ready for a flight



saludos

------------------------------------------
Posted to Phorum via PhorumMail



User login

Enter your username and password here in order to log in on the website:
Login

Forgot your password?


Copyright © 2003-2009, Solsoft de Costa Rica S.A.
Declaración de privacidad